A global leader in healthcare consulting wanted to understand the current In-Vitro diagnostics market in India, particularly focusing on the decision-making process, vendor selection criteria, and unmet needs for IVD modalities.
Objectives of the Study
The overall objective of this study focuses on –
- Conducting a market assessment of the In-Vitro diagnostic market focusing on the modalities used in the laboratories.
- Understanding the perception of lab automation systems (LAS) and any improvements expected by hospitals or laboratories.
- Understanding the buying and decision-making process that is focused on by the healthcare facilities with regards to IVD modalities.
Key Screening Points
- The experts having more than 5 years of relevant experience in the IVD sector.
- The facilities targeted were corporate hospitals, public hospitals, corporate/chain laboratories, or stand-alone laboratories.
The recruited participants were involved in the usage of the below-mentioned IVD modalities namely:
1. Clinical Chemistry (CC)
2. Immunoassay (IA)
3. Hematology (Hemat)
- The facilities that were targeted had a monthly consumption of reagents for IA, CC, and Hemat, more than 25 lacs per month.
Key Discussion Points
- The discussion was based on the level of awareness by company/brand with regards to the IVD modalities along with a representation of the purchase model, whether the reagent-rental or equipment purchase for each of the brands used.
- To get an overview of the current and upcoming trends (such as government policies, pricing, new products, etc.) in different IVD technologies.
- A detailed insight on the overall strategy of organizations along with the vendor selection and buyer decision making processes.
- Understanding the unmet needs and lab performances with regards to turnaround time (TAT), operational cost reduced rework, and on-time delivery.
- A detailed customer requirement analysis for lab automation systems.
Expectations from ExpertsConsult
- Shortlisting profiles and recruiting participants for a Face to face discussion to get a detailed insight on the topic.
- Sharing shortlisted profiles along with the screener responses for final confirmation from the client.
The type of respondents that were targeted ranged from:
1. Lab Head
2. Lab Manager
3. Lab Director
4. Senior Lab Technician
- Target markets as part of the scope were India (Metro/Tier 1 cities).
- The average length of each F2F discussion was 45-60 minutes.
- Within 2-3 weeks the team of ExpertsConsult successfully identified, shortlisted, and scheduled appointments with 24 experts for 45-60 minutes F2F discussion, based the project specifications.
A two-step validation process was followed throughout the project lifecycle:
1. Searching and shortlisting executives as per the required criteria using internal database and other sources such as LinkedIn, ZoomInfo, Hoovers, etc.
2. Screening executives using the screening criteria/questions over the phone and sharing their profiles along with their responses to the screening questions for our client’s review.
The team of ExpertsConsult successfully on boarded the required participants based on the project specifications and requirements.
With a 100% success rate, the team ensured that all the screened/shortlisted respondents participate in the F2F discussion at the scheduled date and time.
The results of the discussion helped our clients add value to their research in order to understand the market from a broader perspective.
Looking for Expertise to solve your business complexities