> Case Studies
> Understanding the Clinical Challenges faced by the U.S. non-physicians in Managing Patients with Hypertension
A leading global technology company wanted to understand the usage and market penetration of SAP solutions in different industries across the US.
The Objective of the Study
- The overall objective of this study and interviews focuses on: -
1. Understanding and identifying the U.S. non-physicians involved in the care of patients with hypertension (High Blood Pressure)
2. Understanding the clinical challenges faced in managing patients’ hypertension.
3. Understanding the existing clinical flow and treatment path of that condition.
4. Exploring the roles and responsibilities of various clinicians in carrying out hypertension treatment and their receptivity to using digital technology for hypertension management.
Key Screening Points
- U.S. non-physicians involved in the care of patients with hypertension (High Blood Pressure) must be included.
- What are the roles and responsibilities of various clinicians in carrying out hypertension treatment?
- Experts should be the Registered Nurses (RNs) directly supporting physicians in the care of patients with hypertension (n=4) or directly caring for patients.
- The target audience should be the Medical Case Managers/ Social Workers managing patients with hypertension, an employer may be of a hospital, clinic, or physician practice (n=4)
- The target audience should also be Certified Physician Assistant (PAs) directly caring for patients with hypertension (n=4)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) supporting physicians, PAs, NPs, and RNs in patient care, documentation and care coordination (n=4)
- Half of the respondents should be working at a dedicated Cardiology practice or facility, whereas the remaining respondents, may work in General Practice/Internal Medicine facilities.
- ~25% of respondents affiliated with or working at a hospital, with balance working in clinical or physician office private practice. For those respondents working in a hospital, they should be working in the outpatient care department specifically to managing cardiology patients.
- Less than 25% of respondents would be working in a facility, clinic, or office with two or fewer healthcare providers managing patients
Expectations from ExpertsConsult
- Mapping requisite profiles and onboarding experts for our client to conduct in-depth interviews.
- Share final screened profiles for our client to review and schedule appointments upon confirmation.
- Engage with prospects and ensure successful/quality output.
- The average length of each discussion was 60 minutes.
- Number of interviews required: 20
- Target Geography: USA
- Target Industry: Healthcare
- Within 4-5 weeks, our team of ExpertsConsult successfully identified, mapped, and scheduled appointments for web interview with requisite experts.
- Our team screened these experts following a 2-step validation process: -
1. Mapped and shortlisted experts matching the scope while using our proprietary internal database and supplementing top sources such as LinkedIn, ZoomInfo, D&B, etc.
2. Validated all shortlisted profiles while screening every prospect over the phone and shared final candidature for our client’s review/ approval.
The outcome of the study
The team of ExpertsConsult successfully onboarded requisite experts as per the given specs.
With a 100% show rate, the ExpertsConsult team ensured every screened expert joins the consultation call at the agreed appointment date & time.
Our team met the overall quota within stipulated timelines and ensured high-quality experts are on-boarded.
Our solution helped our client to move ahead & apprehend the research furth.
Looking for Expertise to solve your business complexities