> Case Studies
> Identifying the Buying Behaviour of Colorants of Various Consumer Goods Companies
The manager of a corporate strategy consulting firm headquartered in Hong Kong required ExpertsConsult to recruit the experts of consumer goods companies from their R &D department.
Objectives of the Study
To understand the usage and importance of colorants for the CPG companies, and understand the color selection process, current trends, procurement factors and purchase process for colorants in these companies for India, Thailand, and Vietnam.
Expectation from ExpertsConsult
- Recruitment and scheduling of interview was expected to be done by ExpertsConsult
- The client wanted to speak to
- Consumer Insights Manager (Market Insights or Innovation or New Product Development Division)
- 2 Formulators (Expert from R&D team of CPG companies who have experience in formulating different products including knowledge of colorants in those products)
- Procurement (Expert from procurement teams of CPG companies who have experience in dealing with various ingredients including colorants)
- The target categories within the CPG segment in India were-
- Fabric care (including laundry bar, powder detergent, liquid detergent, and fabric conditioner)
- Home care including
- Dishwashing (including manual dish liquid, manual dish bars, auto dish tablets, and auto dish powder)
- Surface care (including floor cleaner, glass cleaner)
- Toilet cleaners (including liquid toilet cleaner; toilet bowl - rim & cistern)
- The sample size was expected to be 8 interviews.
- ExpertsConsult was expected to collate and share the list of potential interviewees with the client.
- Length of the interview was estimated to be 60 minutes.
- The study was in priority to India, Thailand, and Vietnam.
Key Screening points
- Which CPG company are you working for?
- Do you have any experience/knowledge of colorants/pigments/dyes?
- Role/designation for (Consumer Insights, Procurement, and R&D)
- How do you rate your knowledge/ experience with colorants/ dyes/pigments? (High/Medium./Low)
- What type of knowledge/ expertise you have regarding colorants?
Within 20 business days, ExpertsConsult identified and recruited 8 colorants business experts from consumer goods companies in India, Thailand, and Vietnam from various reliable databases. These experts served a detailed insight for our client. The experts were of the designation-
- Sr. Scientist (R&D)
- SEAA Senior Process Development Group Leader -Personal Care
- R&D Associate Scientist
- Development Director - Home and Personal Care - South Asia
- R&D Manager
- Maintenance & Expansion Manager, R&D
- Senior Associate R&D
- R&D- Hair, Technical Project Leader (S. Asia)
Solution provided by ExpertsConsult guided the manager of a corporate strategy consulting firm to move ahead & apprehend his study further.
ExpertsConsult promptly targeted the respondent based on the screening criteria of the respondent shared by the client.
Well by recruiting the experts of colorants business from consumer goods companies helped the manager of a corporate strategy consulting firm to understand the usage and importance of colorants for the CPG companies, and understand the color selection process, current trends, procurement factors and purchase process for colorants in these companies for India, Thailand, and Vietnam. The successful completion of this project with the delivery of satisfying result to the client within the stipulated deadline lead to more business opportunities for our firm.
Looking for Expertise to solve your business complexities